Friday, June 6, 2008

Spring?? in Iowa

I'm not sure any one else is going to write, but we can enjoy each other's greetings.

Rod said he "couldn't remember to do it" -- "out of sight, out of mind". I will take the "old" letters and pictures to Rapid City and see what they say.

What a great 50th party Jan & Bob had last week-end. They figured over 140 people came to greet them, share "ribbon sandwiches" (YUM, Chris!), veggies, cake, punch, and mints/nuts. We found lots of pictures to show, one of Sandy's daughters wore my bridesmaid dress and headpiece. It looked very good for being 50 years old. Our mom was an excellent seamstress -- made all the dresses. She wore probably one of the few dresses she ever bought -- a mauve lace dress with a feather hat that fit close to her head (didn't stick up). Anyway, I think a "good time was had by all". I really appreciated Carin, Dan, and kids for coming up for the day. FAMILY IS IMPORTANT!

Iowa is no fun this spring -- it rains and we have major wind every day! The poor flowers that we did put outside are just struggling to stay alive -- don't have a chance to grow and produce nice blooms.

I love being out of school, but I'm still busy. Golf in the a.m. and the p.m. on Wed. -- so naturally a nap is essential in the afternoon. I'm directing a handbell group of 15 in preparation to go to a festival in Sioux Falls June 19 --22 -- there will be classes, concerts, and rehearsals for a concert on Sunday of 800 ringers. Pretty impressive to play in a group that size. Have started bringing scrapbooks up-to-date--have 2006 finished up! I'm just slightly behind! And we try to golf on Fridays and Sundays when we are in town. Right now I have 3 books to read before they go back to the library next Thursday.

AND, I have discovered a game called "Bookworm" -- I bought it and tried to download it -- took me all week, finally my friend found it on our computer and now I can play it. When I can't sleep at night, I get up and play (this a.m. I played from 12:30 till 2:30). You have to make words, and you get points for the more letters you use, the "special"tiles you use, and the more unique words that you can spell. But BEWARE of the burning tile -- if you don't use it by the time it moves down, you can be DESTROYED. This a.m. I got to level 18 -- that was a first! So you can see, that I could get "hooked". It's "Bookworm Adventure" under Pogo.com -- try it for free if you like word games. I'm hoping it will delay the "Alzheimer's".

I best stop for now -- I have only ironed 10 long sleeved white shirts for Terry this a.m. -- still have that many more short-sleeved and colored to go. What a fun way to spend vacation.

Have a wonderful week-end, wherever you are.
Carolyn

No comments: