So in my last post I mentioned that during overseeding (golf course closed for 2 weeks, forced vacation) I was going to Colorado with a student/friend and play in a golf tourney and then head to Mexico to relax on the beach..... CHANGE OF PACE.
The day before the golf tourney we were out ATV'ing and having a great time. Went for about 3 hours up into some mountains, around 10,000 ft elevation. Helmet, goggles, gloves, the entire setup. After we were done, we headed back to my friends cabin and he has a steep driveway. So we unload the ATV's and Joe says "follow me, we have a shortcut up the driveway". Helmet, gloves, and goggles are no longer on, we are parking the ATV's in the garage. Needless to say he takes me up a 20 ft incline of around 80 percent, he had no problem. I followed and managed to get to almost the top and then flip over backwards several times back to the bottom. Several broken ribs later my golf tournament was ruined. 11 days later and it still hurts to laugh, cough, breath heavy, move or stretch.
I still managed to play in the golf tournament, but no full swings, just chipping and putting. We finished 8th out of 24 teams, and they paid the top 7 teams. Ended up having Kerri come up and spent the week at the cabin, enjoyed the beautiful Rocky Mountains and the views they provide. It was a very relaxing week and we had a great time. We have to go back to work tomorrow, but it was pretty funny(painful)to flip the ATV. One day I will realize that I am pushing into my early 30's and can't keep up with my 21 year old body, HA, HA.
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment