Well, is everyone enjoying spring? Here in NW IA it is often cool, rainy, and very windy, so we haven't had a "wonderful spring" yet. I'm just hoping that it doesn't suddenly heat up to the 90's and stay there -- altho' for those persons in AZ, 90's probably sounds "cool".
IA Funeral Director's convention started the day after Easter in Ames. Dan was finishing his year as President of the state assoc. so he and Carin had lots of "official duties". The spouse's luncheon also involved a spa day with facials, paraffin hand treatments, and a chair massage so that was fun. Then on Mother's Day we headed to Rapid City, SD, for their state convention. They were recognizing Terry for holding a SD funeral license for 25 years. Their spouse's day included a tour of the Landstrom's Black Hills gold factory, lunch, and a visit to a chocolate factory, so that was pretty good as well.
Choirs are over for the year and I have 3 days of preschool left. I'm ready to start summer with golfing, reading, and who knows what else.
We don't have lots planned yet -- will be going to Pagosa Springs, CO, July 11 - 18. Hope to have dinner with Rhonda and John on the 10th. We're going with Jon and Lynette who have a time share in Pagosa. Another card club couple will also be joining us. Hope to ride the train from Durango to Silverton (I think), take in a chuck wagon supper, and golf. Then we'll go to Fort Collins and spend some time in Estes Park. So it should be fun.
Terry had his yearly trip to Las Vegas for the funeral service golf outing the end of April. And leagues have started, but he hasn't gotten in as much as he would like. And I've only been out on our course once. I start my evening league this Wed. (Carin is going to golf some of the times) and the morning league on the 27th. Think Terry is meeting Eldie in Hampton Tuesday for a tournament.
Henry and Cora are growing so fast. They turn 5 and 2 the end on June, which is hard to believe. Henry is excited about school and 3 recesses. Cora is saying more words every day and starting to use 3 - 4 word sentences. Anything Henry can do, she can do also.
We did get a new Town and Country van this spring and are enjoying it -- Terry bro't it home on a Thursday and we bought it on Sat. -- I didn't even have to go on a car lot! We went for their 3 year 0% interest payments. Terry thinks that since Chrysler Financial "went under" we won't have to pay for the van! I'm not sure it works that way, but I bet we will find out!
Hope your spring has been great and you're looking forward to some fun experiences this summer. Take care everyone. Love you all.....Aunt Sue
Sunday, May 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment