Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Happy Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day a day late. This was a busy last week for us--went to Monica's last Tuesday to help get ready for Morgan's graduation on Sunday--planted flowers, cleaned house, finished drywalling the garage, etc. Got to watch her play 2 softball games, too--first base and a pretty good hitter. Graduation was good, they had 130 in their class, she gave the welcome (also a 3 minute speech for bacalaureate), had several honors, got 3 scholarships (which will help as she is registered at UWGreen Bay). Her reception was after graduation, about 150 people attended--didn't have ribbon sandwiches because she doesn't like Cheez Whiz! But, we DID have mints (also made them for 3 other gals' receptions).

On Friday, Eldie and I went to Williamsburg/Thornburg for my 50th graduation celebration--all classmates (15) were there Friday or Saturday except one who lives in GA. We had a great time reminiscing--am really glad we got to go. Sunday, we returned to WI with Matt and Gavin and Annika. Sheila and Brenda were there Sat. and Sun. to help finish set-up details--shades of the graduations we have done in the past!!! We came home last PM--haven't done much worthwhile today--need to mow, but it rained much of the day. Spent some time today setting up a family getaway for August at Honey Creek Resort on Lake Rathbun--the sister's annual outing.

All is well with our family, the kids all are growing up too fast. We have no specific plans for most of the summer except golf, lawn care, travel to kids (going to Brenda's with Christian for a few days in 2 weeks while Morgan and parents go to college registration). River Days is here in 3 weeks--last year's celebration was flooded out. Oh, yes--I forgot to tell my sisters---we went past the farm--they have built a double attached garage on the west side of the house--it must come into that small room off the kitchen ( I may have to knock on their door and ask to investigate it!). It really looks quite nice. The land is out of CRP and Mike has planted it to soybeans--hasn't been cropped for about 25 years.

No other special news here--I keep checking the site for information from everyone, think this is the way to go. Love to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm...ribbon sandwiches, man I love those things. I just ate dinner and now I am hungry for the small sandwiches.